Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Idea

Well the profile picture I selected was taken on May 1st after I completed my first 10k. A few days before the event, I'd noticed a massive quantity of exercise videos at the local libraries. I decided to check out one. I had so much fun that I decided to do a different workout every day for the month of May!

I told a co-worker about it and she started suggesting videos and offering to lend me some to try. I thought that maybe this could be a fun way to keep track of all the random workouts I complete while getting suggestions from all of my friends and family along the way!

My objectives:
1. To try absolutely any kind of different type of exercise that find or that is suggested.
- The more random, silly, or obscure the better! I've already been offered a Navy Seal workout video and a homemade "Trailer Park Yoga" on the shelf is on my list to check out soon!
2. To just have fun!
- If you want to be included in the fun just let me know! I'm sure my downstairs neighbors would LOVE for me to have company doing Sweating to the Oldies some afternoon! ;)
3. To keep things mixed up.
- I still want to work on my run, but I needed something I could do everyday and get a laugh or two out of in the process.

My progress so far!
May 1st - Miles for Minds - 10k
May 2nd - Richard Simmons Party off the Pounds! This is the video where I was first introduced to the Richard Simmons world of Rainbows, Sparkles and Spandex. The 80's music made it amazing! Also, at the end of his video he said "God bless you." Any man that likes sparkles AND Jesus as much as I do is okay in my book.


































May 3rd - Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates! One of my own and a favorite! I did one of the abs sections and the 10 minute total body.


















May 4th - Yoga Now. This has several components - a 50 minute Intense DVD, a 30 minute core DVD, 2 - 10 minute DVDs. One for the AM with invigorating and motivating, the other PM for de-stressing, I have a feeling I'll need that 10 minute PM DVD a LOT! Tonight I did the 30 minute core strengthening DVD.

















May 5th - Buff Brides! "Count down to the gown!" I Love it! I was hoping there would be a move like "tossing the bouquet" or something! I did the slender hips and abs section. I also did the 10 minute P.M. yoga de-stress from the Yoga Now DVD set. One pose almost put me to sleep! I think it was just from sitting still after a stressful day though! haha.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to work out, have fun, and de-stress all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete